Learn how to Delegate your Theta Tokens on GPool’s Guardian Node with the video above.
There has been quite a bit of confusion as to the difference between Delegating and Staking. Let’s see if the information below helps.
- Requires 10,000 Theta Tokens or more.
- You can delegate your Theta Token against a Guardian Node like GPool or run your own Guardian Node.
- Any earned Tfuel is deposited directly into the Theta Wallet that you are delegating to every 100 blocks or about 12 mins.
- When you delegate and want to un-delegate, the process would take 28,800 blocks or about 48 hours.
- If you had under 10,000 Theta Tokens
- Staking your Theta can be done on an exchange or a place like GPool.
- You must send your Theta Tokens to GPool and lose control of your tokens. You will not hold the private keys.
- Any earned Tfuel will be deposited into your Theta Wallet (the wallet address on file) but I’m unclear of the timing on the deposits. It is a manual process within GPool or an exchange.
- The un-staking process takes up to 9 days.
The staking process explained above is not a part of the Theta Guardian delegation program. Sites like GPool take the tokens you’d like to Delegate and pool them with other members who also have under 10,000 tokens. The Theta Guardian program does not have a way to delegate under 10,000 Theta, so pooling of Theta must occur.