What is a Pi-hole?
Pi-hole is network-based ad-blocking software which will run on a Raspberry Pi, which is a popular Single Board Computer (SBC). It uses DNS sinkholing and blocklists as a way of stopping internet ads, malware, malvertising, etc.
Below is more information on the Pi-hole
- Pi-hole – What Is It?
- Pi-hole Test Drive
- Pi-hole Update IP Address
- Pi-hole Update Admin Password
- Pi-hole Update Software
- Where To Get A Pi-hole
- Pi-hole Where To Place It On Your Network
- Pi Hole Troubleshooting
- How To Find Your IP Address On Mac & Windows
- Pi-hole Compatible Routers and ISP
Until I have my video edited and up, here is Linus from Linus Tech Tips telling you why you should run a Pi-hole on your network. I agree with most of what Linus says, but he focuses on ads, whereas I would focus on privacy.